Thursday 4 August 2011

Scottish Premier League Week 3 (@Wiggum7534)

We started the weekend on a huge roll, with Rangers beating St Johnstone 2-0, thereby capturing both the win bet on Rangers ($1.55 were best odds I saw) and the under 2.5 goals ($1.95). An excellent start that, unfortunately, we did not continue to take advantage of. Still, if you followed the tips you would have ended up for the day (ok, only slightly).
This week we only have 4 SPL games. Again I will highlight the better bets but shall provide commentary on all games.

Aberdeen v Celtic (Celtic @ $1.30)

This is a no-brainer and, of course, the bet of the weekend. Sure, anything can happen in football, but Aberdeen didn’t get the points in week 1, despite looking pretty decent, then lost to St Mirren. Celtic are a class above, and definitely have Aberdeen’s number. On that basis, I’m taking Celtic at $1.30, and throwing them into every conceivable multi I can find.

Dunfermline v Inverness CT (Draw @ $3.25)

Originally when I was working out my selection on this game, I was adamant I’d be backing Dunfermline. This was based on the fact that Dunfermline weren’t that bad in week 1 (against St Mirren who have since impressed), and that Inverness disappointed (and more importantly COST ME!) last weekend against Hibs.
Still, upon completing my thorough review, I’m actually leaning the draw. Inverness were a touch unlucky not to beat Hibs (and more importantly, even more unlucky to lose), while Dunfermline have since barely overcome a third division side in the first round of the League Cup.

The other games on which I may not bet (ok, I already have) are:

Dundee United v St Mirren (Draw @ $3.40)

I will assume that David Goodwillie is at Blackburn by the time this game is played. I have been a bit disappointed in Dundee United so far this season. While they were able to capture all three points against Hearts, I felt they were not the better team. St Mirren have been playing well above their pre-season predictions. As a result, I think I’m going to take the value of the draw ($3.40). I may be going insane predicting this but I think Dundee United are unders at $1.73.

Motherwell v Hearts (Motherwell @ $2.30, Draw @ $3.25)

What is going on at Tynecastle? Weren’t Hearts travelling fairly well? (yes I know about Jefferies 1 win from his last 14, but most were irrelevant games!) In any case, I’ve steered clear of this one because there are too many unknowns with a change of manager.
I will be taking Motherwell for the win, with a few bob on the draw also. But my best advice is to perhaps steer clear of this one or, at least, small bets only.

Okay, there probably can’t be 3 draws out of 4 games, and I do advise to tread warily. Throw the Celtic win into all multi’s you plan on having this weekend and you’ll add a little bit of a bonus dividend to your other selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment