Friday 30 December 2011

NCAA Basketball - 31 December 2011

Three plays for New Years Eve.

West Virginia +1 (at Seton Hall) - 5 units

I actually expected to be backing Seton Hall in this one before the lines went up, assuming that after they were smashed by Syracuse, the market would overreact and they'd be 8 point underdogs on their home court. I did not see them being a favourite over West Virginia.

WVU have surprised me how well they've played this year, with good wins over Kansas State, Miami (Fla), Missouri State, Akron and the impressive win over a struggling Villanova. These guys are the real deal!

Seton Hall have had some decent wins (St Josephs and Dayton come to mind) but I cannot have them as a 1 point favourite. West Virginia all the way - two units is the play.

Missouri -8.5 (at Old Dominion)

Something is trying to tell me I shouldn't play this game. For one, Missouri is on the road, something they haven't done at all this year. Two, they're playing in their last non-conference game so really couldn't give a toss. However, they are playing Old Dominion. They will crush them. I expected around 12 points the spread, and I wouldn't have played it. I have to take 8.5.

Montana -5 (v Eastern Washington)

I like this one. The line is about where I had it, and I like it. Eastern Washington have been pretty decent this year, recording some solid wins and some solid performances. Really liked their last win where they smashed Montana State.

But now they face Montana. Montana have been good so far this year. Those that read the @AusSportsGuys Big Sky preview would know that Montana will compete with Weber State for honours in the Big Sky this year. For that reason, plus their recent GREAT wins over Portland, Portland State and Utah Valley, I see this as a comfortable win. (Will Cherry (Montana) is "probable" for this game. If he does not play, I will play the other side to reduce my liability)

Three solid plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment